Rick Santorum Reaching for the Bigot and Uninformed Voters by Scapegoating Blacks

GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum

I had to do a double take when I heard GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum say that "I don’t want to make black people’s lives better by giving them other people’s money.” What? Ricky boy was race baiting the bigots in that mostly all white state of Iowa by sticking his head up his you know what. His point was that President Obama's policies amount to taking white folks money and somehow diverting it to blacks through welfare and food stamps. What he failed to point out is that majority of those on government hand-outs are white!

“I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn their money and provide for themselves and their families,” said Santorum. “The best way to do that is to get the manufacturing sector of the economy rolling.” How do you intend to woe the white poor from their dependency on social welfare programs. I am a lawyer and they are taking my money - by Santorum's argument. Perhaps this bigoted scapegoating can work in Iowa - but I hope he wins the GOP nomination so that the rest of the country can see Rick Santorum and the Republican party's true motivation.

Read More @ www.rawstory.com

Comments